Sunday, October 15, 2006

Moving and shaking

I was having a half-sleeping half-waking dream very early this morning. I thought one - or perhaps two - of the cats were on the bed, having an extensive scratch, making the whole bed vibrate.

Then I woke up properly to hear Richard asking,

'Why is the entire house shaking?'

I wasn't really awake, but it seemed to me that if the whole house was shaking, we must be having an earthquake. I told him so, and went back to sleep.

Sure enough, it was an earthquake of magnitude 4.7. It doesn't seem to have done any harm. Apparently there are many minor earthquakes here in Cyprus, which we don't notice. I can only remember one other one of this scale, and that was several years ago.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, my, I hope you keep your dishes glued down!!
Glad you are okay.

Betty G