Thursday, November 22, 2007

Another post about weather in Cyprus

It is distinctly chilly this afternoon.

This morning, it was lovely and sunny. I dusted and mopped the guest flat, since someone is coming to stay for a couple of days on Sunday. Then I mopped the steps at the side of the house, and the front porch, as they were looking fairly grubby after the recent rain. The sun was on the porch, and by the time I had finished, I felt pretty warm. I was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt, and almost - but not quite - shed the sweatshirt.

Instead I took a shower when I had finished. Then I put on clean jeans and another sweatshirt, thinking I would feel cooler when not working. I was correct. It was apparently only 21C in the shade [that's 70F] so not as warm as I thought.

About an hour ago - that's around three o'clock in the afternoon - I realised I was feeling cold. So I'm now wearing a fleecy jacket on top of a sweatshirt. The sun has gone in, and it's apparently 19C outside. Not cold, exactly, but there's a bit of wind so it definitely feels chilly. Winter is on the way.

No comments: