Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas tree in downtown Larnaka

I should have been expecting it. It's a month since the Christmas tree went up outside our local Orphanides Express, after all. And it was exactly this time last year when I saw the large tree near St Lazarus.

But still, it was a surprise when, walking into Larnaka this morning to check our PO Box, I rounded a bend and saw the tree:


With the glorious sunshine, blue skies and warm temperatures we're having this year it seemed somehow even more inappropriate to put it up so early. But I suppose it is only a little over a month until Christmas.

It's exactly the same as last year's tree, right down (or up) to that somewhat bizarre star-ish thing on the top:

1 comment:

Emma's Lunch said...

I'm your newest follower.... found you while looking for a breadmaker in cyprus! haven't found the breadmaker, but i did find your lovely site.... I'm in larnaca too.