Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Food Processor

We didn't have a food processor until about six months ago. Well, we did when we lived in the UK, but I hardly ever used it. It seemed like such a hassle, somehow. But last year we saw a Moulinex Ovatio Duo  for £24 at the Thrift Store after noticing how useful they were to other people... 

On Sunday I first used it to squeeze our daily six oranges for early morning juice. Then I used it to squeeze five lemons, since I had the juicing attachments in place and only needed to give them a quick rinse from the orange juice. Tim needed one for some stuffing, I needed four for the lemon meringue pies I was making for lunch. Then I washed it out quickly and put in the plastic blade so I could make pastry. So easy in a food processor - none of that messy rubbing-in, just a quick whizz and a ball of pastry appears. 

 Then Tim used it to make two types of stuffing for the chicken. Breadcrumbs, lightly fried onions, lemon, mushrooms - just whizzed together. Then he did the same for some sage and onion stuffing. As Tim pointed out, I could also have used it for whisking the egg whites to make the meringue, but I actually used my little hand mixer for that as it's more controllable. 

 This morning I made orange juice as usual, then having been out to buy some pears I made our 'live porridge' for breakfast: nuts, seeds, raisins, pears. And a few strawberries to make it slightly more attractive, since strawberries are now in season in Cyprus. Yum!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Help!

We live in Nicosia, and don't know where the Argos Store is. We would love to be able to get stuff from this store.

Many thanks, Pete & Rhian

Sue said...

Address for the Nicosia store is 40A Piraeus Street, Strovolos. Phone number 22-510152