Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Thunderstorm!


This morning dawned bright and sunny as usual for the time of year. After lunch it did cloud over a bit, as it has done for the last few days, but although I thought we might have a few drops of rain - as yesterday - I was more interested in the way the sky looked. There were a few rumbles of thunder evidently getting closer....

Suddenly it started raining, but not just spotting - it was proper rain and sounded quite heavy. My first thought was for the feral kittens - their only shelter was a cardboard box but that would turn soggy very quickly. It was under some trees, but not enough to stop rain pouring through. So I grabbed a kagoule and rushed out, to find some very wet-looking kittens! One of them managed to find a dry place so I moved some of the others there, but then the rain got so heavy that even that place was getting drips. So they all climbed on my lap and I sheltered them for a bit, assuming it would be five minutes of rain at most.  Posted by Hello

6 comments:

jon said...

Looking for air conditioning info I found your post. I agree!

jon said...

While searching for new best portable air conditioner info for my house I stumbled onto your blog. I totally agree!

Paul

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen Asparagus this BIG
They grow up to 15in long and 2in wide.
fall gardening

Anonymous said...

Nice job on your blog! I am book marking your site for future reference.

I have recently created a book gardening
site/blog. It pretty much covers book gardening related stuff.

Stop by and check it out if you have time.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a clarinet jazz
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is clarinet jazz

Anonymous said...

Hi - I really like your blog. I have a website on kyokushinkai karate that you might find of interest. Here's the link. Have a look at it and let me know what you think.