So, it looks as if Summer is on its way. I hope it stays as it is now for awhile, but you never can tell with April. The forecast is for daytime temperatures of around 20-22C for the next ten days, which is very pleasant.
This past week I've:
- Got our financial records up-to-date online, and helped with invoicing Richard's work for the expenses he put on our credit card
- Cleaned up the guest flat after the plumbing exercise, and made up beds for guests who arrived yesterday evening.
- Finished sorting books in the church library, and begun updating the computer records.
- Done some optimisation and minor updates to my home education site.
- Written a short article about home education for the Oscar site (the article will be live next week).
- Proof-read two essays Tim wrote for his theology course, which had to be sent in today.
Of course my life is nowhere near as busy as Richard's. He doesn't start work till about 10am usually, and finishes around 7pm... but often works at home during the evening to sort out additional things, or just to catch up with email. Last night there was some major problem so he had to return to the office, and was working there with a young colleague, who's here for a month, until about 2am.
In a few moments I shall make the beds with clean sheets and finish cleaning, then cook something for our weekly house group. We always host the group which starts at 6.30pm with a meal together, sharing the cooking, and have our Bible study around 8pm. It works very well. Tomorrow Tim's involved in a youth service at St Helena's Church. On Sunday we're having some friends to lunch, and then in the evening Tim's playing for a special Palm Sunday service at St Helena's, which I shall probably go to.
And so the days whizz by...