Monday, April 02, 2007

Cold?

Yesterday afternoon, my throat began to feel a bit scratchy. Not painful, just not quite right. I took a megadose of Vitamin C a couple of times, and this morning felt much better.

This afternoon, around 5pm, I suddenly felt cold. Really quite icy cold and shivery. Very odd. I went to put a fleece on, on top of my sweatshirt, and thought that perhaps the weather had got chilly again despite having been sunny for most of the day.

Tim made us a curry this evening, and even that didn't warm me up. Afterwards the three of us squeezed into one of our two-seater sofas, and watched an episode of Quantum Leap. Cleo sat on top of me for some of it, and I still didn't feel warm. Even odder, when I commented that it was chilly tonight, Richard - who usually feels the cold far more than I do - said it was reasonably warm.

So Tim reckons I'm finally getting the cold/flu that's been going around. Great. What's odd, though, is that I feel absolutely fine other than so cold!

I suppose I should get some hot lemon and honey, stir in some more Vitamin C, take some echinacea, and maybe even make the first hot water bottle since we moved to this house (which usually is pretty warm.). But I don't feel ill....

1 comment:

Anvilcloud said...

Hmmm. I had a funny throat more than once yesterday; it came and went. I don't feel great either, but I don't seem to be sick.