Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Larnaka beach in the evening

We've had two friends from the UK staying in our guest flat for the past fortnight - a mother and daughter. Both helping - greatly - at Richard's office. They've been coming home for lunch and evenings with us, and I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by.

On Monday evening they took us out for a meal at our favourite sea-front restaurant, Alexander's, and afterwards we walked along the beach a short way, the (probably vain) hope of reducing the calorific effect of the meal. There were a few people still out there: reading peacefully, or building sandcastles, or dipping in the sea in the cool (relatively speaking) of the evening.

We don't get much of a sunset here in Cyprus, with so few clouds, but the effect as the sun went down was still quite pretty:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, it is very pretty.
I loved walking along, any beach, but I doubt if I ever get to again. I loved picking up shells, then taking them back to our 5th wheel and putting them into the oven to make sure no critters in them. I have one bathroom with shells and fish stuff.
Arizona sunsets are the most beautiful I have ever seen, they are mostly purple!!!
I know you must have enjoyed walking along on the beach, it is so relaxing. That is except in Florida on the Gulf side, bugs, the no-see-um kind, biters, the end of a walk at only 3 p.m.
Betty G