Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Time to top up my Cyprus mobile phone again

About a year ago, I wrote about my mobile phone. I'd had to top it up with another ten euros, or risk losing the 29 euros of credit that I still had on it.

This week I had a text reminder that I needed to top up again. Fair enough - this time I knew where to buy another MTN card, and forked out another ten euros.

Then, before actually doing the top-up, I checked my credit balance. I've used the phone a fair bit (for me) this year... I've sent, probably about 20 texts per month, including the times when we were on 'roaming' in the UK. I've made sure that when I call Richard to remind him to come home for a meal, I use my mobile rather than the house phone. So I thought I might be down to my last few euros.

Imagine my surprise when I was told that I had 29.44 euros of credit.

That means that in the past year, using my phone has cost me slightly less than ten euros.

I know I don't chat for hours on the phone - I really don't like mobiles much - but I was sure I'd used it more than ever before in this last year. Evidently not.

Telephony is one thing that is still exceedingly good value in Cyprus.

No comments: